Bringing tulips home from the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival?
Here’s how to make them last:
- Choose tulips that are tightly closed; this means they are fresher.
- Select a vase that is half the height of the tulip stems.
- Fill the vase one-third full, as tulips do better in shallow water.
- Re-cut 1/4 inch and rewater daily.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight and heat.
- At night, store them in the coolest room in the house.
- Place a penny in the bottom of the vase … it’s been said to work!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment